Vietnam has 54 ethnic groups living across the country. Each ethnic group has its own cultural identities, thus, the Vietnamese culture has both diversity and unity.
Is Vietnam culturally diverse?
From its tropical forests to its mountains and coral reefs, Vietnam is home to an amazing diversity of plants and animals — including many species found nowhere else in the world. It’s also the most culturally diverse country in Southeast Asia, with more than 50 different ethnic groups, each with its own language.
Is Vietnam rich in culture?
Vietnam is a country rich in history and traditions, dating back thousands of years and instilled with a deep respect for the land, the sea and their ancestors.
What are the main ethnic groups in Vietnam?
The largest ethnic groups are the Tay, Thai, Muong, Hoa, Khmer, and Nung. Each of these populations contains about 1 million people. Some ethnic groups, however, are much smaller; the Brau, Roman, and Odu people only have populations of a few hundred each.
What are two of the most popular ways to get around in Vietnam?
What are the most convenient vehicles in Vietnam?
- Motorbike. Motorbike is the most popular choice of transportation in Vietnam, in all cities and rural areas in Vietnam. …
- Taxi. Taxi is the second most common vehicle that Vietnamese people prefer to use, especially on sunny days. …
- Train/Railways. …
How can I be respectful in Vietnam?
Etiquette and Manners in Vietnam
- Avoid public displays of affection with a member of the opposite sex.
- Do not touch someone’s head.
- Pass items with both hands.
- Do not point with your finger – use your hand.
- Do not stand with your hands on your hips.
- Do not cross your arms on your chest.
What are Vietnamese values?
Traditional cultural values of Vietnam include: patriotism, self-reliance will, solidarity, kindness, tolerance, affection, studiousness, hard work, opti- mism. These values not only play a great role in sur- vival but also affirm the intense vitality of the nation in the past, present and future.