For heavy dishes like beef rendang, Korean spicy noodles, murtabak or curry-noodles, blended red wines do well. Try Australian Shiraz/Cabernet Sauvignon or Merlot/Cabernet Sauvignon.
What alcohol goes with Malaysian food?
When Malaysian Cuisine Meets Wine
- German Riesling kabinett-If you like to have a balance taste between the food and wine.
- French Bordeaux Blanc ( made from a mixture of French Sauvignon Blanc & Semillon) -If you are not a big fan of sweet wine.
- French Beaujolais ( made from Gamay grape)-If you are feeling adventurous.
What wine goes well with Malaysian food?
For spicy food, Sauvignon Blanc tops the match. Choose wines from either cool New Zealand or warm Chile. German Riesling also pairs well with nasi lemak, and so does Chardonnay. Opt for the French Bordeaux Blanc (made from a mixture of French Sauvignon Blanc and Semillon), if you are not a fan of sweet wine.
Is Pinot Noir red or white?
Pinot Noir is one of the world’s most popular red wines. It’s made from black-skinned grapes that thrive in a narrow spectrum of cooler climates.
Does red wine go with curry?
The best reds to serve with spicy curry are light fruity fresh reds with good natural acidity. Good examples are Loire Cabernet Franc or New Zealand Pinot Noir.
What food does Gewurztraminer go with?
Gewürztraminer pairs well with classic Alsace cuisine—a rich tarte flambée made with ham and Gruyère, for instance. American Gewürztraminers tend to be less dense and unctuous, though they typically have a touch of sweetness on the finish and a delicate spiciness. Pair them with Asian food of all kinds.
What do you drink with Indonesian food?
- Gewurztraminer – it wouldn’t match all the dishes but would be a good all-rounder.
- Off-dry Pinot Gris from Alsace or New Zealand.
- Barossa semillon would work well with the peanut sauces.
- Torrontes (a suggestion from Blauw’s own list)
What drink goes well with chicken curry?
Dry, rich whites with mild creamy curries: Fruity, unoaked or lightly oaked Chardonnay, like those from Australia or cooler parts of California have enough body to pair with creamier curries. If you don’t mind exceptionally floral, fragrant wines, try Gewürztraminer, which smells like rose petals and tropical fruit.
What alcohol goes with yellow curry?
IPA (Indian Pale Ale)
IPA’s have a citrusy aroma and pair perfectly with heavier, aromatic dishes. They would be the perfect accompaniment to Yellow Curry (kaeng kari) and Green Curry (kaeng keaw wan), drawing out the flavour of the kaffir lime leaves.