How do I get an employment pass in Malaysia?
Employment Pass (EP)
- Before you apply. Check to see if the company is eligible to apply for an Expatriate Employment Pass.
- Where to apply. Go to the ESD website, log in through the company’s ESD account, and submit the expatriate application.
- Duration of pass. …
- Work rights. …
- Other Passes.
Who is eligible to work in Malaysia?
The foreign national coming to Malaysia to work must be 25 years and above (exception in IT sector, where required minimum age is 23). The work permits are usually issued for periods between 12 months to 60 months.
Is Malaysia issuing employment passes?
Depending on the type of job and skills, there are different types of visas that are issued when obtaining a work permit to Malaysia. … Employment Pass: This permit is issued to the employees with specific skills. It is usually issued for technical or managerial jobs in Malaysia.
How do I get an employment pass issued?
Applying for an Employment Pass
- Submit an application. …
- If approved, MOM will send an in-principle approval letter (IPA). …
- Issue the EP. …
- Once the EP is issued, the candidate will receive a notification letter. …
- Register fingerprints and get photo taken (if necessary). …
- Receive the EP card.
How long does it take to get an employment pass in Malaysia?
4. How long does it take to process an employment pass application? EP permits are typically processed within 5 working days, once all the relevant documents have been received. Once approved, the EP will be issued to the Hiring Company and you are now eligible to travel to Malaysia and commence employment.
Is it easy to get job in Malaysia?
Searching for a job in Malaysia is a challenging experience. The market is highly competitive in Malaysia and may pose a lot of difficulties even for successful professionals. That being said, you may find that the effort is worth it.
What jobs are in demand in Malaysia?
Apart from front liners, LinkedIn said some of the fastest growing job categories in Malaysia include software engineers, marketing executives, teachers, web developers, system analysts and graphic designers.
What is the most common job in Malaysia?
Malaysia’s 5 Most Popular Industries and What Those Candidates…
- Computer / IT. …
- Banking / Financial Services. …
- Manufacturing / Production. …
- Construction / Building / Engineering. …
What is a special pass in Malaysia?
A special pass is a temporary pass issued by the Immigration Department of Malaysia. Usually it is valid for 30 days. A Student who current student pass had expired WITHIN 7 days.
What is the criteria for employment pass?
Work in a managerial, executive or specialised job. Earn a fixed monthly salary of at least $4,500 (older, more experienced candidates need higher salaries). Have acceptable qualifications, usually a good university degree, professional qualifications or specialised skills.
What is an employment pass?
The Employment Pass allows foreign professionals, managers and executives to work in Singapore. Candidates need to earn at least $4,500 a month and have acceptable qualifications. Employers must also demonstrate that they have fairly considered all jobseekers.
How long does employment pass last?
The duration of the pass is as follows: First-time candidates: up to 2 years. Renewals: up to 3 years.